Friday, January 18, 2013

Are Root Canals Really that Painful?

People talk about root canals like they're the worst experience in the world. How did they get this bad rap? Are root canals really that bad? In all actuality, the anticipation is probably worse than the procedure.

A dentist might consider giving you a root canal if the nerves inside the tooth are infected or inflamed. The first step is to drill into the tooth once you're properly numbed. Next, your dentist will use a specialized file to remove dead nerve tissue from the roots. Finally, your dentist will inject a rubber sealer to prevent bacteria from regrowing. The days following your root canal, you may feel some pain. Your dentist can prescribe medication for this.

After your root canal, you'll need a crown placed over your tooth to protect it from breaking. In some cases your dentist might recommend an inlay or onlay, which will displace less of your natural tooth. This procedure may take a couple visits, but it will be relatively painless.

Of course there are risks with any procedure. It's possible that the dentist's tool will break off in your root or that the dentist might miss some infected nerve tissue. If this happens, it may be necessary to redo the procedure or even remove the tooth. These kinds of mistakes are rare, but they happen. If you're nervous about something like that happening you should see an endodontist who specializes in root canals. He or she will likely have a great deal of experience in the procedure.

If it comes down to a choice between a root canal or having your tooth extracted, note that despite popular opinion, an extraction is much more difficult during and after the procedure. Even though an extraction is cheaper up front, going with a missing tooth can mess up the alignment of the rest of your teeth depending on where the hole is. A dental implant may solve this problem and give you a natural looking and functioning replacement, but it will be expensive.

Choosing between a root canal pulling your tooth is a big decision, and one you should consult your dentist on. Don't let everything you've heard about how terrible root canals are keep you from considering the option. If you can't abide the sound of drilling, most dentists and endodontists offer sedation dentistry.

2 comments

Unknown March 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM

I got a root canal once at http://ewingdental.com/ and it wasn't too painful, the drilling sound is the worst part

Anonymous

I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis,Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts,Macular degeneration, Chrons disease,Infectious mononucleosis.,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,Bipolar Disorder,Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Stroke,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicitySyndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

Post a Comment